Georgia State respects the commitment our servicemembers have made and continue to make to our country. In return, we are committed to providing a welcoming and comfortable environment for military-connected students as they pursue higher education.
The Military Outreach Center, located on each campus, assists reservists, National Guard and active-duty servicemembers, veterans and their dependents with the support and services they need to reach their academic goals. Each center employs a staff of advocates, all of whom are military veterans, prepared to serve those who have served.
The Military Outreach Center supports military-connected students through the development and implementation of outreach programs and services focused on meeting their unique needs. By consistently promoting and collaborating with community-based veteran and military-affiliated organizations, the MOC fosters partnerships that benefit student-veterans academically and professionally.
Our services help:
- Connect students to campus experts in the areas of admissions, advising, financial aid, personal counseling services, disability services, testing services and career services
- Provide referrals for campus and community resources
- Offer support and highlight campus activities designed to ease the soldier-to-student transition
- Promote camaraderie among military students through organized student-veteran and military associations
- Create a military-inclusive atmosphere across the university